Adventure on the high sea and in the Ronneby countryside!


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
June 7th 2008
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Swedish National DaySwedish National DaySwedish National Day

Enjoying the festivities in Brunnspark in Ronneby
Hej hej loyal blog followers,

Thanks to Jamie for doing such a good job with the blog. Today proved to be another exciting day. We never know what the day will hold for us when we start out, despite having a schedule. Peter, Carol, Dennis and I (Shana) are staying in Kallinge across the street from one another. Jamie and Beth are staying outside of Kallinge. This morning we set out on a boat tour of the Blekinge (the name of the county) archipelago on the Baltic sea. The team was enjoying the beautiful weather and the lovely boat ride. Unfortunately our tour was cut short by a cloud of smoke and being towed back to shore by the Swedish Sea Rescue. No worries, we are all safe and all agree that it was one of the best adventures of our trip. Many thanks to our captain and his firstmate.
After the excitement we enjoyed a nice picnic, sitting amongst viking ruins and some antisocial sheep.
We then went on a nice hike to viking burial sites. The team even braved climbing to the top of a viking ruin.

We were then onto Eriksberg Nature Preservation Park. It is
Brunnspark spaBrunnspark spaBrunnspark spa

300 year old spring water to cure all your ailments. Look out Evian.
900 hectares of enclosed land and sea which holds deer species, wild boar, moufflons, bison and bird species. We travelled in vehicles around the park. We were able to spot many of the species. We even saw the elusive wild boar and some babies.

Needless to say we had fun wherever we went today.

We also included photos from yesterday. We arrived in Ronneby and enjoyed a nice lunch with our new host families. It was Swedish National Day so we enjoyed some festivities and a tour of Brunnspark. We even had the opportunity to taste the water from a 300 year old spring (we washed it down with a cookie!)





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Together at seaTogether at sea
Together at sea

We were thinking about tossing Peter overboard.
White legsWhite legs
White legs

Tanned face, but oh, those legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Swedish rescue at seaSwedish rescue at sea
Swedish rescue at sea

Too bad they came so fast, we were enjoying the sun.
GSE 2008 PyramidGSE 2008 Pyramid
GSE 2008 Pyramid

We have fun wherever we go
Viking RuinsViking Ruins
Viking Ruins

Good thing we have insurance


8th June 2008

Nice Tshirt Dennis!
Hi team 5580. It´s nice to see that you still have a great time in Sweden. If YOU have something to do with the weather in our district I suggest that you all visit us every year from now. I like your T-shirt Dennis, looks like you´re turning to become a genuine Swede now. Did you wear it on the National Day? I´m also honored of what you wear on your head. Wish you wonderfull team a really fine and exiting last week of your trip and a good stay in Stockholm. I´ll continue to follow you on your blog.

Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb