Swedan Day 1


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County
June 13th 2012
Published: June 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Flew into Stockholm and cousin Ulf found us right away. We drove to Taby, near Stockholm, to their house. We we're warmly welcomed and feel very much at home. Strong coffee was a welcome sight after an all night flight with a few hours of sleep. Gitta, Ulfs wife was at work but their son Erik and his girlfriend Camilla was there to meet us as well as Kens parents who flew in a couple days earlier. Sweden's land is very much like northern Wisconsin and Minnesota. Eric and his friend Adam took us on a 10 minute walk to a lake where Ken, Alicia, Annika, and Kjerstin jumped in and swam a bit before we took a hike through the woods, and meadows full of flowers. We were led to a spot next to the lake with a small homemade covered shelter where we built a small fire and cooked hotdogs and bread on a stick for lunch. After all said and done, we hiked about 6 miles. It was the best first day in Sweden that I could ever imagine. We are loved and welcomed by family in this great far away country!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0939s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb