Day 4 - Stockholm to Gotland


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
June 24th 2017
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to drizzly showers in Stockholm this morning. We packed our bags up and had our first experience of shared hostel showers (we had a private room again but no en-suite this time, slowly easing ourselves in to the hostel scene) which was better than expected. We then checked out, as I am moving on to Gotland today and Dan is in another hostel for the remainder of his time in Stockholm, and loaded ourselves up like pack mules to find brekkie and check out the royal palace and Rikstag buildings.
Breakfast was at Cafe Schweizer (TripAdvisor proving its worth its weight in gold again) where we got a massive wedge of salmon and spinach quiche with salad and bottomless coffee (and good coffee at that) for a comparably reasonable £14 each. We then made our way around some of the palace and governmental buildings snapping some pics before eventually coinciding to our large heavy bags and the rain and deciding to just head to the bus station early and do a bit more trip planning/booking. If only the Wifi network was faster than a snails lace we might even have been productive! Sadly we didn't get too far. Not much else to report today, for me it was ~6h of travel on to Gotland in the afternoon, sadly arriving not quite in time to join Team Jersey for the IG opening ceremony.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb