About to head to Stockholm


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
July 26th 2006
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arriving in Leeds, we realised the huge difference from the bustle of London and the distinct lack of things to do without knowing anything about the city. We found a bar to wait in while Christian finished at a diving competition. Christian now has long hair, didn't even recognise him at first. We headed up to Harrogate, where Christian lives, and had dinner at a pub. (Loving that English food.) We headed back to Christians for a couple of drinks before bed.

The next morning as we were talking before going into town, we stumbled across a slight problem. Our train from Leeds got to Luton airport about 15 hours after our plane flew out. $840 later and our flights were changed to a day later. OOPS!

That night we went out to a club in Harrogate, Harrogate has a club scene on Tuesday nights apparently, a few more pints and a good night was had by all. Next day, saw a castle, had some "World Famous" Ripley's Ice Cream, sunbaked in the park. Whenever we imagined going to England, we always just expected it to be raining. Instead we get there in a heatwave/drought and experience the hottest July day on British records, A whopping 36.3 degrees celsius.

Arriving back in Sweden, we decided to keep our heads low because of the money factor. We head to Stockholm on Friday and then Helsinki on either Sunday or Monday, then down through Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland then fly back up to Sweden. Were leaving the car behind in Sweden and backpacking it to save some money.

Signing out,
Kane.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb