Hur mar du?


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
April 19th 2006
Published: April 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tunnbrodsrulle(sausage in swedish style kebab)Tunnbrodsrulle(sausage in swedish style kebab)Tunnbrodsrulle(sausage in swedish style kebab)

Geez, look at this monsteer I had to eat.I was told it's very Swedish, anyone who knows me knows I can eat, but I could only get half down my gob.It;s got a long-ass sausage! ,mash,salad and shrimp sauce.yummy
Hello !hej hej! Well , Stockholm,Sweden was a blast, especially Dyvik. It's a small place outside of Stockholm, where a lot of Swedes have summer haus(houses). We actually have friends in Stockholm which makes the trip a whole lot better. They were lovely Lisa and Malin, whom we met in NZ.So they were our tourist guides and chefs, haha!
Our first stop there was to the Royal Palace in Stockholm, very nice place open to the public, then we off to Dyvik, which is where Lisa's family has a haus(house). Phew! I love that place, what can you say, only NZ is comparable. I'm bias and I haven't been to very many countries . Dyvik is by the Baltic sea, very calm and peaceful, we can go for walks and take a boat out .We had a traditional Swedish meal. I love the food, well boiled potatoes and me don't go too well. We had lots of herring(pickled), salmon, caviar,potatoes,meatballs,cheese ,bread and dill. Oh yeah lots of alcohol, the Swedes like to sing a song and then celebrate with a shot of vodka or schnapps!!Good times eh!
On Sunday we went to central Stockholm, and to Gamla Stann which is the
Sunset in Dyvik. View from the summer hausSunset in Dyvik. View from the summer hausSunset in Dyvik. View from the summer haus

Look at this!I thought I died and gone to heaven.The swedes tell me that in summer they have daylight from 4am to 12 midnight!stunning
oldest part of Swedeen. Lots of old buildings ,a palace , parliament etc. Gorgeous place , clean and safe. Only bad thing about Stockholm is expense. When VAT (or GST for kiwis) is 25% and income tax at about 30% you can see why it's so expensive to live there.But it's very nice. We had lunch in Stortorget (big square). Lisa's place is in Bromma.
Overall the trip was short but excellent, we would to go back and go for midsummer;s day which they celebrate in the middle of summer, alas europe is so big and so much to see!!Swedish is bloody hard to learn and doesn't sound like it spells(like sju is pronouced like a whuuu ) but everyonee speaks english. The whole place is mad on recycling and being clean much like Kiwis in Kiwiland. Well I hope my interpretation on Sverige (Sweden) is correct, if not Swedes please let me know.
ok hej da (pronouced heey door) laatez


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

View from a Hill in Dyvik.View from a Hill in Dyvik.
View from a Hill in Dyvik.

This was taken earlier in the avo, when we went for a walk. I had to climb a small hill. The air was clean and fresh.sweet ehhhh
Dyvik PierDyvik Pier
Dyvik Pier

We were on a small pier for lauching boats .(there are restrictions on boat sizes so all boats there are like smaller than a lazer class, big enough for 4 people).There's still bit of snow behind us that hasn't melted
Downtown in Gamla Stann  Downtown in Gamla Stann
Downtown in Gamla Stann

Gamla Stann (Old Town),very cool part of europe, bloody old like 300 to 400 years old.The place has such a 'old' feel to it.Even the toilets were medieval , they used a lot of candles hahah!
Outside parliamentOutside parliament
Outside parliament

Still in Gamla Stann,Stockholm, we are outside the parliament.Lotsa of guards here
Thin Ice!?Thin Ice!?
Thin Ice!?

That sign says'warning!thin ice' and some other shit.But I get the picture, it's spring and the lake still has a layer of ice.It gets to below 20 degrees here!
Yummy homecooked meal.Yummy homecooked meal.
Yummy homecooked meal.

Nice dinner with the Swedes on our last night in Sweden. We had grilled chicken in a sauce made with light cream, swedish mushrooms, lingam berries.


20th April 2006

XXX
Chewie ur hot dog kebab comment, sounds very X rated. ill make a mental note that you like eating wrapped "long ass sausages" HAHAHAHAHA.
20th April 2006

guys, look like you had a great time in sweden! jason, you've got your eyes closed in most of the pics!
20th April 2006

jason and his closed eyes
I reckon the reason for Jase closing his eyes is 'cos he's still thinking about his sausages :-) did i mention i'm green with envy?
24th April 2006

WE ARE SO JEALOUS..........GREAT PICS!!! Real cool you got to catch up with the swedes..we miss you guys, nobody to play singstar and get completely mashed with.......ah good times..loving this travelblogs shit keep us posted.....xxxxxxoooooxxxx nice sausage jase, feeling a bit overwhelmed mmm????

Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb