Weekend fun


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
September 20th 2009
Published: October 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Having spent Friday night celebrating submitting my budget to the UK, first at Simon’s place (after another Systembolaget mission, this time involving taking a ticket and waiting my turn before having to give the nice man a code number for what I wanted) and later at Cliff Barnes (where I met one of my staff in the queue, obviously having had the same idea!), Saturday was pretty quiet.

By Sunday I needed to escape the flat, so jumped at the invitation to Sunday brunch with Simon and Shankar. After eating an enormous meal, we headed over to Gröna Lund, Stockholm’s amusement park/fun fair for the Eriksson day... The park had officially closed on Saturday, but at the start and end of each season Eriksson take it over for a day, offering all their employees, friends and family cheap tickets (SEK100 for entrance plus all the rides which is a really good deal). So we spent the afternoon running around like children, going on rollercoasters and screaming lots. Although the rollercoasters are a little tame compared to some I’ve been on... Simon and I spent one ride chatting all the way round! Not so with Insane, which does get the heart racing 😊 It was really kind of Shankar to invite us along (hes the Eriksson employee) and we had a great afternoon. The only slightly strange thing was that he doesn like rollercoasters so would only go on the tamest of rides... Ah well, all the more for me and Simon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

DjurgårdenDjurgården
Djurgården

From Strandbryggan where we had a relaxing beer after all the excitement


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb