Day 44: Sweden, Stockholm


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
June 19th 2006
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 44: Monday 19th June 2006: Raining: At the station we met up again with Dawn, Pat and to our surprise - Neil who was on the Hurtigruten cruise with us. What a small world!. We were allocated seats but the carriage didn't exist so we sat wherever so we sat next to each other, chatted and played cards all the way to Stockholm. It was a dirty train.
This time it was easy to find our hostel with a lift , large bedroom, a whole wall of windows and an enourmous bathroom larger than the previous bedroom. It was fabulous. ALSO the kitchen had many small clean kitchens in one large room and for 20K you could rent your very own fridge. WOW. Of course it was out sightseeing and shopping for fresh food. BUT we did eat out that night - pasta, calamari and a nice white wine - ho hummm. Everyone is watching the World Cup - tv's in all restaurants and bars. ( Just reminding Rich, his Mum only looked in through the doorways).

Day 45: Sunny: After a late breakfast, dressed in summer gear, it was off to book the next leg of our
Day 45 Sweden, StockholmDay 45 Sweden, StockholmDay 45 Sweden, Stockholm

Tuesday 20th. June 2006

journey, a stroll through old stockholm - Gamla Stan and a visit to the Money Museum - amazingly interesting places; watched the changing of the guard at the palace then made our way slowly back home.

Day 46: 21st: Sunny then rain: Still using our brollies from Japan: Off to the Stockholm Museum, shops, home for lunch, then out on a 2hr cruise on a ferry around Stockholm; Again a slow walk home.

Day 47: Sun with cloud: We caught a bus to SKANSEN which is a combination of zoo and 150 different types of housing, workshops, farms dating back over time. Very interesting place to while away the hours. In the zoo section Vera saw her real live bears in a natural enclosure. Back to Gamla Stan, into the beautiful Palace. We have seen a lot of Stockholm. I actually have sore feet today.




Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Day 47 Sweden, StockholmDay 47 Sweden, Stockholm
Day 47 Sweden, Stockholm

Skansen Open-Air Museum


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb