Day 11 - Sigtuna and hike


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Sigtuna
August 4th 2017
Published: August 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today we drove back to Sigtuna as we had seen several nice places to eat lunch at and there was a great hike that started right in the town. We parked and walked into town and found the shopping lane where the restaurants were also located. After checking all the menus, we settled on a very quaint place where Nigel, Rachel and Russell all had herring served with Swedish style pureed potatoes, lingon berries (a Swedish berry kind of like a cranberry), salad, bread and a tasty berry crumble for dessert. As I am not a big herring fan, I had the not-so-Swedish dish of Croque Monsieur which was also delicious! Then off on our hike. Nigel guided us past lots of water, across bridges, through the woods and eventually back into town (16km later). The weather was perfect for a hike (and then the skies opened up when we got in the car - deluge!). We then drove home making a quick pit stop for a little more shopping (Rachel was the main shopper this time and got some nice finds!). Home now to relax and rest our tired feet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Baby frogsBaby frogs
Baby frogs

Found these little fellas along the path near the water
Path signagePath signage
Path signage

Nigel reads these signs as "orshki orshki meatball" with his great Swedish accent


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0821s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb