Eurovision Song Contest


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Norrbotten County » Luleå
May 21st 2006
Published: May 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Eurovision LogoEurovision LogoEurovision Logo

The Contest Features all countries in Europe.
Okay so..this is a big deal, although it is more important in some countries than others. In Sweden, it starts with Melodifestivalen, their country's round of it. Melodifestivalen's first rounds are held in cities around the country, like Goteborg, Stockholm, Linkoping, etc. So then the groups that win each of those, compete in the final. The person that wins that gets to go to Eurovision. This year, Sweden's winner was Carola. She went onto the semifinals of Eurovision and secured a spot in the finals, though it was the 22nd spot-a little low on the totem pole. Well, the finals of the contest were tonight. They had people from everywhere. Croatia, Armenia, Israel, France, United Kingdom, Ireland, Bosnia&Herzegovina, Moldova, Greece, etc. So I watched them all sing. Some of them were good and some not so good. However, the group that won was Lordi from Finland. They are a heavy metal band that dresses up in monster costumes. Remember Gwar anyone? Same thing to me. So, Lordi won. And Gene Simmons from KISS is a buddy of theirs cause he was there. Makes sense to me. This means that the contest finals will be held in Finland next year. And this year, they were held in Greece. Sweden got fourth place, so Carola didn't do too bad. Good for her.
For more details, check out the website. Eurovision Song Contest

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb