Chapter II begins


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Blekinge County
June 14th 2008
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I write with just a few minutes left until we head to the train station. Today we are en route to Stockholm. The time has come to transition from the wonder of the program to being on our own while enjoying Sweden's capital city. It should be a nice opportunity for the team to segue into our return to "real" life...however abrupt it'll be.

After having spent the day enjoying Karlskrona's shops and sunshine, we had a lovely final farewell party in the country. I can't really describe the myriad of emotions we're all feeling as this life changing experience concludes (but, as one wise man said, this is NOT the end...)

The dinner, as always, was wonderful. We heard some loving words from Joran and Karin, and we will forever sparkle with the memory of this trip. As will our teeth now too! :-)

Thank you for following us on our journey. We've enjoyed the opportunity to recapture the thrills via the internet!

And thanks to Rotary and Sweden for the magic, the laughs, the visits, the generosity, the good advice, the wonderful desserts, the charm, the sharing, the lessons, the music, the compassion, the passion, the energy....I could keep going. I'll just stick with a simple...thank you.
Tack, tack.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Jordgubbar!Jordgubbar!
Jordgubbar!

We love strawberries!


Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb