On to Nerja


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
April 26th 2014
Published: April 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We are a very long way from home. We disembarked the ship after traveling 4080 knotical miles. We are in a time zone that is 9 hours ahead of Brookings time. And now we are in Nerja Spain.

We were in the first group off the ship-that meant up at 5:30, finished with breakfast, and in the taxi by 7 a.m.! I guess the cruise is over!

We managed to get to the correct bus station, buy the correct tickets, get on the correct bus, get off the bus in the correct town, and find our way to the correct motel. So far so good.

We wii be staying in the town of Nerja, Spain, for the next three or four days. We are in a quaint hostel right downtown. We have a room with a balcony and breakfast is provided each day on the roof. Hostel isn't like a youth hostel. It is a mom and pop small inn. The owners live in their own part of the building. This should be a good place to begin our trek around Europe.

So we took a walk around town. Being a Sunday the streets were filled with people. We found our way to Ayo's place on one of the local beaches. For 30 years Ayo has been making paella on the beach. For 6.75 euros you can have as much as you want. One plate was enough for us and it was delicious.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Our room at the Don Peque Hostel. Our room at the Don Peque Hostel.
Our room at the Don Peque Hostel.

Very clean and neat with a balcony


Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb