Quick trip - driving to Sète


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
October 1st 2012
Published: October 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Olives galoreOlives galoreOlives galore

Near Còrdoba
Catch-up time again!! Too busy (lazy? Holidays after all) to keep this up to date hehe.

After the stay in Cadiz, our next stop was about a week in one of our favourite places - Sète in the south of France. We got away from Cadiz on Friday afternoon, and were due in Sète on Sunday afternoon. As a result, it was just fast driving on the motorways (autopista) to make good time. Speed limits in Spain are a bit slower than France (120km/h as opposed to 130). Unlike many of the vehicles, we did stick to it!

When we got the car from the underground car park in Cadiz where it had spent 4 days, we had our only disappointment with it. Someone had made a very solid scrape on the rear left mudguard/bumper. Thank goodness for OpenEurope's fully comprehensive, no excess, no blame insurance cover.

The upshot was we made our dash to France successfully, arriving in Sète around noon on Sunday. We'll have to visit these parts of Spain at a more leisurely pace another time. Imagine - whizzing past and not stopping at all at such wondrous places as Sevilla, Còrdoba, Granada, Valencia, Barcelona!!

What we did see was an evolving landscape and changing agricultural emphasis. First miles and miles of olive groves, replaced (around Valencia of course) by endless orange orchards, then coastal scenery interspersed with wild and rugged mountain parks.

We stayed two nights in hotels close to the highways, first in Manzanares (between Còrdoba and Valencia) and then at Girona (north of Barcelona and not that far from the French border). Sunday morning - - bleak and wet welcome back to France. However it's the Midi and the sun will be back soon!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.049s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb