Córdoba


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
July 13th 2011
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

There are two ways to get to Cordoba from Toledo. First option is to get to A-4 South freeway all the way to Cordoba. Second option is to take the undivided highway N-401, N-420, and then A-4 freeway just outside Cordoba. The latter is shorter by 42 km but will take about 30 minutes longer according to our GPS. Because the whole trip is about four and half hours and it is still mid-afternoon, we decide to take the more adventurist route. Hopefully, it will be scenic and twisty.

N-401 is mostly deserted, and pastoral landscape is the main theme. N-420 south of Almodóvar del Campo town starts to pick up elevation. We are entering the rocky Sierra de Alcúdia. The slow straight climb becomes fast bends. Soon, we are enjoying switch backs and occasionally hair pins.NH Amistad Cordoba Hotel is located in the historic old town, next to the 14th century Synagogue, the 8th century Great Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba, and near the 1st century B.C. Roman Bridge. Due to its location, deep inside the ancient city, getting there is like treasure hunting. Our GPS gives us doubtful instructions. After squeezing our TT into some crevices in the ancient walls and driving through a long narrow cobblestone alley – pedestrians must wait for us to get to the end of the alley before they enter the alley – we are greeted by a smiling door man.

Staying at this hotel is like taking a time travel journey. This 18th century neo-classical manor house features arches and wood crafted ceilings. And it has a Mujedar interior courtyard. Our room is surprisingly spacious and it features Spanish tiled floor and decorative tiled bath room walls......@driving-vacation

More pictures...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb