Getting There


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
March 29th 2010
Published: April 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Long Time on the Road


Wal and I took just over 48 hours from when we left home to arriving in St Jean Pied de Port on the bus. We were then in a race to get to the credential office so that we could get into an alburge. Martin, Wal´s German friend had joined us at Montparnasee, and we had travelled down to Bayonne in the same train, then on to St Jean.

It was clear there was an advantage to being at the head of the queue, perhaps because at 2030, by the time it took to process everyone, the last ones would not be in their accommodation much before 2130, and that would be an issue.

The three of us got into the same alburge, but at that stage I lost touch with Wal and Martin and after a couple of laps of all the likely places, found them having dinner at our own alburge.

Eric and Anita were concerned that the weather was against using the Route Napoleon - across the high pass, and recommended we all use Route Valcarlos. This was at odds with the advice from the credential office that the weather was improving, and it would pay to make any decision in the morning. However, at this stage, Wal and Martin were concerned not to take too many risks, and we seemed headed down the path of taking Route Valcarlos.

Slept well, although Wal reckons I snore! Well, it wouldn´t be the first time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.546s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb