no habla espanol!... did i even spell that right?


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
January 3rd 2008
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

OK... i´ll have to summarize. the flights were interesting. couldn´t sleep of course but when i got in madrid they gave us all of our directions in spanish.... but i figured everything out and here i am in malaga. tim was waiting for me at the airport in malaga... what a relief it was to see a familiar face! we went to the hostel to drop my stuff off then went out to explore the city. let´s see... we walked these long, narrow winding streets for a while... most everyone was on holiday for the new year so a lot of places were closed. we found a place to eat.. definitely a local place because no one spkone english but thank god tim knows enough spanish to order food! haha i have no idea what i ordered or what it was i ate but it was tasty so its all good! oh and we had some locally brewed beer... san miguel.. also very good. we walked around a bit more and found a place that serves dessert. mmmmmmmmmm... we had hot chocolate mixed with cognac and some crepes to eat. i was so tired!

today we got up and went to the beach... it started raining but we got to take some pictures and explore a bit first. i forgot to pack an umbrella so we went around looking for one... here´s the thing.. we didn´t exactly know the word for umbrella so we had a fun time trying to explaing to people what we were looking for! finally found one.... had some weird salad and more beer for lunch.... went to the train station to reserve seats for our trip to madrid... haha! it looked like a mall! seriously i thought about buying something but i found this cute jacket and it was 250 euros!!!!!!!!! aw hell no! ok so most people here take a siesta from like 2 to 5... something like that.. well it sounded like a great idea so i slept for a while then we went to the picasso museum. wowwwwww... loved it! so we got lost for a short time... found a bar and decided to drink for a while. i´m beginning to learn more and more spanish! i actually asked the waiter a few questions in spanish but then realized that i had no idea what he was saying when he answered me! lol! oh well... we ate some AMAZING tapas at El Pimipis and drank A LOT of spanish dessert wine... i forgot what it was called. wow so i´m having an amazzing time! actually met some people from england. it´s so nice to meet people who speak english but i´m becoming more comfortable speaking spanish.. i just wish i could understand it! ok so this was very long.. just expect that from now on. miss you all... esp. steph! oh yeah! the men here are BEAUTIFUL! wow...... ok bed time! we´re heading out to madrid manana so i´ll update you all when i´m there! love!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb