Peniscola


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
September 14th 2007
Published: October 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Before Peniscola we stopped by Saggunto. It is a small town but with a huge history. There are some Roman ruins which we toured on top of a mountain. Beautiful. We had to climb the mountain first....

Peniscola was a lot of fun. We went only for one night and it was only 100 euros. We had our own nice rooms. I roomed with Jamie. The day was really cold and windy.

We went to the festival of the bulls. It was a small stadium with seating, and then a lower section for standing. However in the lower section, you can run out and taunt the bull. It was so dangerous but JC, Ryan, Jhonathon, and Laura M. went in. It was quite the sight. It was insane to be so close to the bull. It was also sad though. At night, they tied fireworks to the bulls horns which made it even more mad. The goals were to get these rings on the horns, or get the bull to climb a set of stairs or on top of a stage. Some of the men in there were crazy! Me and Nadine tried to go when the bull wasn't in there but a guy yelled at us. He said that the real huge bull was coming out and it'd be way too dangerous for us to be there.

Later on that night I saw the most incredibly display of fireworks ever. It was in this cage that reminded me of a batting cage. Inside were men wearing space-suit looking things and setting them off for a good half an hour. My jaw was down for that entire time.

That night we jut walked around afterwards and hung out on the beach. It was a really awesome night. I hung out with Jamie Magaly Jimmy and Ryan. I really like all three of them.

The next day we just relaxed on the beach all day. This beach was even nicer than the one in Valencia. Clear blue water that was so warm. The sand wasn't as nice though.

Hasta luego


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb