Cadiz


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
May 18th 2007
Published: May 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A long a tiring day in Cadiz.

The ferry worked well and when we got to Cadiz we discovered that two cruise ships were docked. Our little boat deposited us right under the prow of one of them and we seemed to have a half mile walk to get past it into town and were mistaken for a couple of cruisers.

As usual we visited the cathedral and were able to ascend one of its towers to get good views of the old city and beyond. Cadiz has been settled from before Roman times and there are very interesting archaeological excavations to view. The afternoon was spent wandering the narrow streets and watching the locals enjoying themselves at one of the town beaches before we caught the boat back.

Eating was unusual today. For lunch we tried the local speciality of fried shrimp omelette which we thought was a bit greasy but we had a happy hour watching the world go by including a couple of weddings taking place at the adjacent Municipal Building. Supper was at one of El Puerto de St Maria’s institutions, Romerijo, where we bought a selection of shellfish wrapped in a paper funnel. Most of it was new to us, but we enjoyed consuming it with a couple of beers in their outdoor terrace.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.381s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb