En Route to Valencia Day 3 May 18th


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
May 18th 2017
Published: May 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Not one of our better days.

Picked up the hire car after navigating to Sants Estacion. Headed out of town on the freeway getting used to driving on the RHS of the road and a very different set of car controls. Decided to pull in to get some petrol and re-check ourroute etc. when some dude decides to slash our tyre to create a distraction so he could rob one of us of handbag containing passport, credit cards, licence and some money.

Apart from the mental shock and card cancellation phone calls etc of all this we lost the rest of the day being taken back to Barcelona airport for a replacement vehicle as the tyre could not be repaired and completing a Police Report.

Worst of all we had no time left and had to drive straight through to our accommodation at Valencia and were not able to stop at Tarragona for any sightseeing.

This despicable person got maybe 60 or so Euros from us but could end up costing us over 500 Euros depending on how things go with insurance.

A hard lesson to learn as it all happened so quickly but beware of anyone making out they are trying to be helpful and causing you to be distracted. First stop and secure yr valuables.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



22nd May 2017

Omg!
Sounds like an eventful day! Hope you got everything sorted.
22nd May 2017

Omg!
Sounds like an eventful day! Hope you got everything sorted.
23rd May 2017

Got here!
Took me a while to work my way into this non-intuitive blog but here I am. Must have been feeling confident as the Officeworks man told me this morning I was better than most at working their photo machines. Problem was I couldn't get in without help anyway so I wonder how good their business is. Sounds like you have had quite a travel experience! At least in the long term it will be a good story to tell, though not much fun at the time. Enjoy the rest of your holiday!
23rd May 2017

Oh no!
Second friend today who has struck misery with petty criminals while on holidays! Glad to read that you move on in your next episodes. Keep them coming!

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb