Day 29 - Barcelona to Valencia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
July 18th 2016
Published: July 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

First bags out this morning. We are leaving Barcelona and heading towards Valencia. Make our set time and on the bus 2 minutes early so that is good. Drive out of town and away down south. We stop for a break and chat with a kiwi couple. Oh dear, 6 degrees comes to play again. Their son lives in a little country town in Victoria called Mildura. Hmm. Comparisons, turns out he is a consultant to the almond industry and the daughter in law used to work in a little boutique in town, Fine and Sunny. This is one of Chris's favourite shops when in Mildura. Hmm, interesting.

Our lunch stop is at a beach resort called Peniscola. Official population 7000 but in summer this swells to well over 70000. Lots of holiday homes here. A look back up the hill and all you can see is villas dotted everywhere. Stop and walk to the main beach. People everywhere. Have a feed then take our last chance to dip our toes in the Mediterranean. Nice beach, good sand and lots of pink bodies, in various stages of undress. Water was nice, swim would have been good, but no towel.....

On the road again and finally arrive in Valencia. We have a bit of fre time before we do a city tour. Our room looks over the opera house - stunning building built by some crazy architect who also built a park of weird looking buildings, reflection pools, etc. a quick walk after changing rooms, original reeked of smoke so change to the other side of the hotel. View not so good but quieter. On the bus for a drive by tour, then we have more free time. Do the cathedral where supposedly the holy grail (chalice used by Jesus) is kept. Impressive place.

Meet and walk to our dinner place. We are going to be shown how to make a paella and then eat it. Luckily we don't make it, the large owner does. Hard to see as 37 people are on one long table, but we can walk up and watch. Impressive effort and not too bad. Back to the hotel and a nightcap on the rooftop bar then to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.513s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb