Published: August 23rd 2008August 22nd 2008
On our way to the track for the first practice session - Miguel was setting a cracking pace but managed tostop just long enough for this happy snap.
La Ciudad de las Ciencias - The City of Science
European Grand Primo - first day's practice
Plaza de Toros & Museo Taurino
- Quality and location of our grandstand seats for the race. It's always hard to picture what they'll be like when you buy them online. For those watching the race, we're on turns 1 & 2 - the first turn after exiting the pits. Anticipating some close calls at the corner as we have already seen Kimi overshoot the turn and Trulli fishtail the corner missing the wall by centimetres.
- The Finnish boys seated next to us. Every time Kimi Raikkonen or Heikki Kovalainen pass in front of us on the track, they cheer and wave their Finnish flag for all to see. Looking forward to seeing if this continues throughout practice & qualifying tomorrow, not to mention the 57 laps on race day.
- Enjoying the summer evening with post siesta drinks and tapas in the laneway.
- Miguel's Gelati count - 11
- Jenson Button - third fastest in second practice. Joc made the call early in
the day that she felt Jensie would do well this weekend.
The Ciudad de las Ciencias
The City of Science. This building was designed to be viewed in conjuction with the water reflection to resemble an eyeball.
- There are 3 times as many merchandise stands at the track as there are food and drink outlets. Having said that, most people are wearing unofficial merchandise bought from street vendors on the way to the track.
- Late night buskers doing unusual interpretations of Pete Murray and U2 songs.
Rain overnight, cloudy morning cleared into hot, sunny day. High temperature of 34 degrees.
There are more photos below