Day 45 To Valencia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
June 2nd 2018
Published: June 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

The bus trip to Valencia in a very comfortable bus took us along the narrow coastal corridor from Barcelona to Valencia. We were able to view the varied land use of extensive, well ordered vineyards, orchards of citrus fruits, particularly oranges, numerous and also extensive and neat olive groves, vegetable crops, quarries, when we passed over the occasional small mountain ranges, however, not an animal in sight.

The sea was a rich blue when we were actually close enough to see it as we were not travelling right beside it. Small to large towns hugged the sea coast. The highway was immaculate. Smooth, well-marked and not too busy at all.

We arrived in Valencia at 11.30am and stepped into our accommodation a few minutes after 12. Three-quarters of an hour later our feet hit the path to the Jardine Del Turia, only 400m from our hotel. Crossing the Turia Bridge we made our way down steps to the Gardens which were about 300m in width and over 10kms in length. These gardens feature a collection of citrus trees, lemon and orange tree species, along with jasmine, myrtle and other Mediterranean plants. These botanic gardens are home to nearly 3
000 different species of trees and plants from 5 continents. The collection of palm and tropical trees, cactuses and other desert plants feature prominently too. Water also features prominently with paths punctuated with streams, ponds and fountains.

We walked the entire length before coming to the modern and impressive building “Palau De Les Arts”, “L’Hemisferic” and the very nearly completed “Museu De Les Ciencies Principe Felipe”. The Puente Monteolivete bridge separates the first two buildings mentioned. The photos of these buildings will feature in a separate post but as usual I’m unsure whether they capture the impressiveness of the architecture.

I must admit I struggled to make it back to the hotel (6.25pm) as my feet did not cope well with the last hour of continual walking on hard surfaces. Jane was totally unaffected in any aspect. Oh well!


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

















Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb