Our almost day out


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Oliva
May 9th 2006
Published: May 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had a very nice lazy morning this morning, just relaxing, taking it easy, no rush to be anywhere, which meant we left the house after midday - a first for us on this holiday.
As we were driving to Denia, which is a small town on the Costa Blanca about 20kms from Olivia, Gabor’s back started playing up and by the time we got there it had seized up completely leaving Gabor in considerable pain and unable to walk. Sarah went off to the tourist info kiosk to see if there were any Doctors nearby only to find it closed as it was after 2.30. Everything in Spain shuts for a few hours after 2pm for Siesta, but they open late, usually till 8.30 at the earliest.
So we decide to head home with Sarah nervously taking the wheel - the first time driving on the right hand side of the road (this holiday anyway). We got home in one piece and Heather the kind lady who we are renting the villa from gave us some 600mg Neurofen (they have the strong stuff over here) and we settled down to watch videos and recuperate. Unfortunately the weather wasn’t great so the chance to use the unscheduled rest day for sunbathing was not an option.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb