Benicassim


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Benicasim
December 15th 2010
Published: December 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Cambrils to Benicassim


Wednesday 10th – Thursday 25th November 2010
Onwards and southwards to Benicassim. A small low rise resort north of Castellon where a very well managed campsite is conveniently placed for the beach, town and supermarkets. We decide to book in for a fortnight and settle for a while. Whilst here we made good use of the heated indoor pool and activities offered by the onsite team including petanque, Spanish language and cookery lessons and for the boys origami and a movie night – Harry Potter.
With an excellent beach and a 7km promenade being so close we also made daily use of these when schoolwork had been done walking and playing beach volley.
Whilst here we decided to take the opportunity to change the van’s front tyres which although still legal would require replacement before our journey’s end. This proved far easier than anticipated with a mobile unit owned and operated by a cockney turning up to our pitch and doing a quick and efficient job.
Sunday lunch was taken at a very nice beachside restaurant where we were able to sit in warm sunshine and enjoy a bottle of Rioja.
The last few days were mainly occupied with J&B’s new found hobby of sea fishing. With equipment limited to a couple of crab lines and a cheap rod we set about fishing from one of the stone piers on the beach. Remarkably within a couple of minutes Jack had a bite ! Not a fish but a sizable octopus which thankfully released the bait as I do not know what I would have done had we landed it ! Having had immediate success both became obsessed and the next two afternoons were spent pleasantly dangling lines from the piers. Ben landed a shrimp which he had spent ages luring from its rocky lair with a hook baited with salami.
One of our final ‘activities’ here was a visit to the hairdresser for us all, an English lady on site offered this service and we all visited her van for a cut a bargain for 25 Euros all in !
This was a site we would definitely return to should we pass this way again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



15th December 2010

Bennicasm
What a nice place "Oh to be back to Heaven & Hell again!"
21st December 2010

hi the morris family thankyou for your christmas card if i had been more organised i could have sent one with sam hope you have a woderfull christmas dont get used to the high life in nics villa ha ha happy new year to you all x

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb