Week 5 and 6 Peniscola, El Saler, Calpe, Albir, Benidorm and La Marina Fulgencio


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Region of Murcia
November 10th 2013
Published: November 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


JuanJuanJuan

Juan in his bodega pouring wine
Our tour continued slowly along the coast. We were looking forward to coming "home". We have been connected to the Costa Blanca since the 70 ties. We have lived in Alfaz Del Pi.

We could feel the temperature change as we passed Valencia and finally reached Calpe. We are curios to meet our old friends. This area of Spain must definately have the best all year climate.

On the first of november it was arranged the first "julebord" with "lutefisk", beer and akvavit on the meny. It took place in restaurant Fandango in Albir. More than 60 guest taking part in the tradition. It was strange to sit outside in the sun and eating a traditional Christmas meal. But after 8 hours of eating and drinking it was time to go back to our base.

We stayed for four nights in Benidorm, the town is also busy in the winter with all the pensioners. Then we "wildcamped" in an roundabout outside Restaurant Fandango in Albir. We also stayed a couple of nights in Los Colinas and in Foia Blanca.

We lost track of the days, with all the party going on.

One day we visited the Xalo valley, drowe straight through the wineyards. Said hello to Juan in his bodega, his daugthers are now taking care of the daily business, he is now more than 80 years old, but still made his show with the wine. Drinking with the wine pouring down his face from his forehead. Its a must to visit his bodega, when you are in the area.

We went to Vall de Pop. The restaurant that where famous for its ostrich (struts) farm and beef from the ostrich. In 2008 the financial crisis hit. And the owner almost had to close completely. They ate the whole farm of ostrich to survive.

They are now slowly building up the restaurant and will start the ostrich farm again, bringing up the animals for the kitchen.

It was some really good days, we had planned 4 days which finally turned out to be twelwe. Its good to know that we have all the time in the world. No expectations, no meetings that cannot be postphoned.

We went on the road again
">
and passed Alicante and went on to La Marina Fulgencio where the week ended with streaming of Norwegian television, with
Lutefisk in restaurant FandangoLutefisk in restaurant FandangoLutefisk in restaurant Fandango
the vpn that Jens Christian set up before we left Oslo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

WRC Rally Spain WRC Rally Spain
WRC Rally Spain

Start in front of the Cathedral i Barcelona
imageimage
image
BarcelonaBarcelona
Barcelona
On the roadOn the road
On the road
Time to leave Lutefisk in AlbirTime to leave Lutefisk in Albir
Time to leave Lutefisk in Albir
imageimage
image
imageimage
image
FandangoFandango
Fandango
imageimage
image
imageimage
image
JuanJuan
Juan
JuanJuan
Juan
imageimage
image
imageimage
image
imageimage
image
imageimage
image
imageimage
image
imageimage
image


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb