Bull Run


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre » Pamplona
July 22nd 2008
Published: October 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Simon our Hostival host!Simon our Hostival host!Simon our Hostival host!

Its fun being an idiot! The Hostival hosts were soooo crazy!
SAN FERMIN - July 6th till July 10th 2008

Just what is the significance of the color red in the San Fermin Festival other than it being particularly attractive to the eyes of the bull? The truth is, there is clearly no explanation as to why majority of the revelers in the San Fermin festivities wear red clothing or have red fashion accessories worn around their bodies.

When you do decide to travel and participate in the Feast of San Fermin, you can bring with you your favorite red colored shawl as a symbol of being one with the festive community. As we have earlier mentioned, red denotes the peak of emotions, one that is clearly evident in the many activities of the feast. Furthermore you will be doing justice to your shawl's overall versatility and elegance.

But all that aside...you are here to P A R T Y...this is by far the wildest party on earth and one that you simply can not miss.
There is without no shadow of a doubt no better place to start this party then at the world ONLY nomadic backpackers...HOSTIVAL
I have been traveling for 5 years and am now addicted
HostivalHostivalHostival

Hostival...our favorite hostel
to festivals and every single time I go to a festival it would always be with Hostival as these guys really know how to host backpackers at festivals as this is exactly what they do all year around at all the greatest festivals.
I came to Pamplona alone and nervous because I did not want to spend the entire festival alone in the streets and the minute I got to this hostel I knew I was going to have the time of my life because I have 50 new best friends!

Your hosts Simon and Giuliano Giacovazzi would rally us up every evening and start off the night with drinking games between all the guests which was a fantastic way for us to all get to know each other and make new friends which woud eventually prove to be vital once you run off into the wild Pamplona nights.

www.hostivalonline.com
If your here for a good time and you wanna pay way way less then the hotels (300 euros) then you need to stay with these guys as they will make sure you have the time of your life.

The Txupinazo, Rocket. The kick-off to San Fremín
HostivillainsHostivillainsHostivillains

My new Hostivillain friends!
happens on July 6 at midday every year. Thousands of people gather in the Plaza del Ayuntamiento, where a rocket is let off to signal the start of the celebrations, and the traditional "Pamploneses, Viva San Fermín, Gora San Fermin!" ("People of Pamplona, Long Live San Fermín," in Spanish and Basque") is declaimed. The party then begins in earnest, people drinking, dancing, spraying each other with cava, and so on. Many will have experienced their last moment of sobriety until the fiesta is over. The Hostivillains (what you are called once you are a part of the Hostival gang!) have a reputation for being the wildest in the square!

The Encierro, Bull Run. This is the most emblematic part of San Fermín. Every morning at 8.00 am from July 7 to 14, the bulls which are to be used in that afternoon's bullfight are run to the bull ring, and hundreds of mozos, young people, run with them. The runners assemble half an hour beforehand to take up their positions along the route - there are two ways for them to enter (the rest of the route being closed off), from the Plaza del Mercado or the Plaza Consistorial.
HostivillainsHostivillainsHostivillains

My new Hostivillain friends!
A rocket is let off to signal that the gate should be opened and another when all the bulls have left their compound. The runners do not race the bulls, which would be impossible, but run ahead of them, trying to keep up with the pace, about 50 metres being as much as is recommendable to try before getting out of their way as cleanly as possible. Many runners carry a rolled up newspaper, to distract a bull if necessary.

This is probably my favorite regular party in the world and everyone with a party bone in their body needs to attend this festival!

Advertisement



22nd October 2010

Looooved this festival
Really wanna go back again this year

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb