Santiago here we Come


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia
October 18th 2014
Published: October 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our trek began in the pitch black once we had left the town of Sarua. It was only 8am, yet all around is very dark. Very few people on the street, only a couple of vehicles, no school kids. We don't understand because it is only the beginning of Fall (Autumn for aussies).

However, we continued on finding our way more by feel, than sight. A couple of Pilgrims were walking by torch light (flashlight for Americans). After 11kms we stopped for a breakfast of bacon & eggs, plus a cup of tea. Continuing on for the remainder of the 24kms we arrived at Amenal for the evening. This leaves us only 15kms into the Cathederal tomorrow. We should arrive around 11am, maybe book into our hotel, then head for midday mass.

today was so remeniscent of Australia with the forests of gum trees and their wonderful aroma. Roger was able to take some great photos. Met a lady from Denmark, a grandmother whose children thinks she's crazy. However, this is her 2nd time (once only for me, that's for sure). Tonight we met a New Zealand couple now living in Sydney Australia. He works with Westpac Bank, she Austrade. It's so good to meet the many fellow pilgrims and share stories. The main thing is each person says, "you can only walk the Camino for yourself, no one else. It's a personal thing". True, but it is also interesting to see how many are trying to find themselves, or find their purpose in life and retirement. When the occassions offers itself we try to help people understand Jesus is the answer. If you would pray for all those we have met that the Lord touches their heart we would be appreciative.

well, it's late, and we are excited to be finishing our trek tomorrow, so it's off to bed, up early. You may even be able to hear our victory cry from the steps of the Cathederal if you listen closely. Until then blessings to each one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



19th October 2014

"Well done thou good and faithful servant" I am proud of you. Anxious to see you!!
20th October 2014

Thank You
Hi LaVerne, so good to know you have been following on my blog. The okdsst lady on the trek we met was 84; she was doing it with her daughter. What an inspiration she was to all who met her. She reminded me of you - always bright & sparkling. Love. Daryl
19th October 2014

I'm praying for those your lives have touched...
that they may find Jesus as the answer.
19th October 2014

Celebration time!
By the time I wakeup and get ready for church, you and Roger will have crossed time finish line. Congratulations! Big celebration in Santiago and here in Corona. I toast you and Roger for a successful completion of your quest. CU soon! Ken
19th October 2014

Finish
By now you have completed this portion of your journey. Congratulations! Can't wait to hear all about the Mass to celebrate the journey! Now it is time for some relaxation. Praying you and Roger have both been wonderfully blessed throughout this journey. Enjoy the remainder of your time together. God's blessings to you both!
20th October 2014

Made It
Hi Betty, yes we have walked the Camino, but it wouldn't have been possible or enjoyable without your support along the way. Thank you for taking such an interest. I trust we have given you an jnsight into Spain, it's culture & people from a different angle. So looking forward to seeing you. Love. Daryl

Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb