Madrid, One Mad City


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
November 28th 2011
Published: December 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Madrid is one huge city and such a contrast coming from Venice. As I have said Venice is magic so Madrid wherever we went after that was going to be hard. Madrid proved not to be as straight forward as we thought. The flight was uneventful even though we did not realise Easyjet had no seat allocation and thus could possibly be scattered from one end to the other but after being bussed to the p... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




16th December 2011

Madrid
First of thank you for writing back to me. I got alot of great information from you. I have several other questions for you as well. We actually have a reservation for a apartment when we get there. We used the homeaway website. We found a nice place for reasonable price. I think we plan on using the metro for most of our travel so I will get the pass for sure. I want to make the most out of the visit to madrid however dont want to rush things that we go to visit. If we wanted to visit these places how much time do you think it would take to visit them Prado, Sofia, parque retiro, special monuments? Do you think that 8 days might be to long there? Would you reccommend visiting a neighboring city? I hope I didn't leave you with too many questions, however you seem very knowledgeable. Thank you for your time. When I get the logistics for Madrid figured out I have questions ablout other places you visited that my wife and I also plan to visit. Once again thank you for your help and time.
16th December 2011

Madrid
First off I say we are travelling with 5 kids for over 3 months so our time schedules are different to a couple (and yes I am jealous!). On Sunday the Soffia is open until 2.30 and is free and The Prado free on Sunday in the pm, ?time. Check out the free days as they save you a bit however in a busier season this may proove to be very busy. I think I could have wandered the Prado all day with an esspresso or 2 in the coffee shop but not for us. The Soffia I feel is a couple of hrs but they did not make the kids welcome so may have my own feelings re the place. BTw be careful outside the soffia if you want to save money in the resturants do not sit... They charge alot. The park is great and would have enjoyed a day with picnic but use it while the city has their siesta. I personally feel 8 days is too long. We got a car and took off to an area outside valencia as the kids needed a break but Barcelona is amazing and only a short hop on the train, for 2 people it should not be too much but the trains are not cheap. I could live in Barca forever, has a real lfe to it. The Dali museum outside Barca is also great but you could be pushing it time wise. Driving outside the cities is not too hard and if you get a tomtom it was easy to navigate. The tolls are not cheap but save alot of time. Hope you have a great time. Enjoy the tapas, have a glass of wine, beer or whatever and just soak it all in. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. we have used sites like this to help us plan, it is nice to give back.

Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb