Madrid - the end, but great place to end


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
November 6th 2009
Published: November 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the delay on this blog, but due to camera cables being swiped i've been unable to get to my pics!!

So, the end of the trip, and i decided early on, as my flight was passing through Madrid, to stop there for a few days, as its a great place.

I landed early afternoon after a duff flight in which the baggage handlers helped themselves to items in my bag, and found the hotel my parents had booked, quick tram ride away. Nice hotel, very 70's, but nice. I dumped my bags, had a shower and headed for the Bernabau Stadium, may as well carry on my world stadium tour. Really impressive place. I also had a poncey designers guide to madrid, so spent a bit of time looking at architecture, but soon got bored, so went on a bar crawl.

This is why Madrid is one of my favourite places in the world. Eveey beer comes with free food, and its the best food in the world. So i spent the early evening, and late night trawling the bars, drinking and eating constantly, happy boy!

The parents were arriving the next day, and i contemplated going to the airport to meet them, but made it as far as the bar next to the hotel for yet more beer & food. hey eventually found it, checked in, and we went out for a look around.

That night we met Jesus, a friend in Madrid, and he and a few of his friends took us to some really good bars, some of which i hazily remembered from the last time i was there on a Stag Doo. Had a really good night, and again, no need for a restaurant, as you got plenty of food.

The next day we cramed in all the tourist stuff, Retiro Park, which is still amazing, the Palace, Cathedral and Plaza Mayor which was awful. Much worse than it was lst time i went. So touristy, loads of people dressed as Mickey Mouse, loads of street art, and loads of those idiots who pretend to be statues...... i really hate them, get a real job (yes, i realise i'm currently unemplyed, maybe i could be a human statue.....).

We actually ate out that night, as well as all the tapas....... we ordered more tapas, and it was great. They really have the best lifestyle in the world over there, think i may move there one day.

The next day we had another walk around, picking up plenty of Ham, Chorizo & Cheese to take home. We flew later that afternoon and had the pleasure of sharing the flight with all the Everton fans returning from Portugal after getting trounced 5-0 in the Europa Cup, so they were a jolly bunch. Got back to a rainy manchester at 8pm, and was in the pub by 9, then straight into town to see what i'd missed. Not too much. But i did wake up on Sunday with a shocking hangover and a Subway serviette in my back pocket, not done that for a while.

Its been a very boozy time since returning, but i'll have to settle down a bit now, and find a job.........so i can save up and do it all again......

DONE!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb