Baggage AWOL, maybe traveling on it´s own!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
December 27th 2007
Published: December 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

12-27 Thursday ... up at 10am... check status of baggage ... still gone, we have now gone 2 1/2 days and guess what ? I think I don´t care or need any of the ropas viejo in there!! NO, we do not smell! But I better shave soon... getting a bit rough! Steven packed stuff in carry on, luckily since we only partially planned to live out of our carry on. LESSON LEARNED!!!
We have almost abandoned hope of ever seeing our beloved luggage and ropas viejo again (old clothes). Perhaps theres $300 in our future for the loss!!


11am heading off to Palicio Real
Click here for Palicio
... awesome gardens and tour, once again the Madrid card saves us a loonng wait at the ticket counter. We get some nice pictures ... 2 hours later, jump on the Vision Madrid tour bus for an above ground ride from east of the city all the way over to the west side where the Prado museo is.... it was a good ride and we HARVESTED some great video and laughs on the way.
Walk around, eat some lunch then back on the Metro all the way to where we were on the east side. Took a cable car ride
Click Here
to the top of a mountain park, very nice and the pics would be nice too ... (BUT I CANT SHOW YOU NOW!!) We saw a flock of Makeets verde ... a mix of Macaws and Parakeets (we invented that 8-)
then to Temple Debold ... an egyptian gift to the spanish government. It´s really good too.. will post a link here.
6pm Done with that and off to the Municipal Museo of Contemporary Art, we find we like these since theres usually some good and some bad, usually some photography too and that is a prime draw for Steven.
830 pm, some dulce de leche and cafe con leche.... but I have my mind on some tortellini espinicha con queso y insalata!! ... soon .. like NOW ...
We head to Barcelona tomorrow for 4 days including New Years... it´s good since we have done quite a bit here in the time we had. In Barcelona, the plan is enjoy, enjoy and schedule-plan the Morocco trip.

Its been a fun day. Nice sunny and about 65ish.
Okay, wifi mystery resolved. We connected fine at ResidenciaAlvero (other building)....no wifi in this building. Also, no free wifi on the street. Only in Calchuca (certain zone of the city).

Hasta leugo ...





Advertisement



28th December 2007

Makeets Verde make very nice pets i hear
tortellini espinicha insalata, hold the caso please: i want the recipe .Ha! like I would cook it! Bring us a doggie bag to go please.
1st January 2008

we want a MAKEET !!!
they do make great pets, thanks, you are very wise

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb