First capers in Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
March 7th 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tired but stoked

We got into Madrid at about 8pm on Wednesday 7th of March, caught the metro from the Airport which was pretty easy and found our hostel was a 2 minute walk from a metro station. So that was a good start! Got into Ole hostel and there was a guy at reception, Eriky, who showed us around the hostel and we managed to settle in pretty quickly. We were in need of some food so we asked where the supermarket was and he told Murphie, and at this point I had no idea how bad Murphie was at map reading or directions in general, but we started off thinking it was a 5 minute walk...an hour and a half later we had given up, cold and windy in Madrid so we started to head back. But somehow Murphie spots a shop, looks like an electronic shop but below is where the food is! So we got in there and just bought food and booze, the essentials. Got back to the hostel to find Eriky laughing at us because we took so long, but we needed food so we went and cooked up some dinner, twas braw! From that point on I was map reader by the way.

Since I had bought beer, vodka and sprite I started to get tucked into it, and Eriky came through saying Party tonight, party! Murphie and I were pretty stoked that on our first night we'd be heading to a house party. So we drunk up and took a litre bottle of Mahou (big beer over there) and drank it on the streets, there were a lot of people too so I thought it would be a pretty good house party...we turn a corner after walking for quite a bit and there's this club, even better! So we chugged down the remaining beer and fired in! Turns out it was a club called Cafe Bourbon in Puerta Del Sol, and it was having its weekly Mexican night! Was great, busy, good music, a free beer when you came in and tequila chupitos for €2 a go, guid craic!

Eventually when it closed in the early hours me and Murphie tried to negotiate our way home pissed, because we had lost Eriky and everyone else throughout the night...but it turned out to be quality anyhaw! Stumbling around Madrid at 5 or 6 in the morning I turn around after hearing a clatter and there's Phay face down sprawled across the deck, so naturally I start pissing myself, aw it was class!! Once he composed himself we figured out we were truly lost, so we stopped about 5 police cars on our trek, and they directed us all over the place, but we eventually found the hostel and fell into bed...end of a classic first night!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb