Yeehah! Go Real Madrid!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
February 16th 2007
Published: February 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Choclate Y ChurrosChoclate Y ChurrosChoclate Y Churros

I think that Rosy, Dory & Susy need to open a shop that sells this stuff....YUM!

Chocolate Y Churros ROCKS!



Well I must say that Madrid is one of my fave places so far! The people, the food, the shopping...awesome! AND they have siesta time in the afternoon - how civilised!

Flew into Madrid and found the train system really easy to negotiate. Checked into our hostel the POP Hostel...recommended by Susy (who is Spanish) and it was a great recommendation! They were really nice people and we got a free úpgradé' from a 4 bed dorm to 2 beds with private ensuite...fabulous I could finally was my hair properly! he he. (Although the ceiling did fall in on Deans bed one evening but no injuries so all good and funny!)

Over the next few days we saw The Plaza Mayor, Plaza Del Sol, Retiro Park, Real Madrid Stadium, The Bull Fighting ring...althought there was a circus on there at the time which did allow us to sneak in for free and wander around taking photos!! cheeky!

We shopped, we drank cafe bombons (my new fave coffee!!) we shopped some more, we ate churros and paella (well I ate paella after dragging Dean around looking for it and then discovering that every second
Plaza De TorosPlaza De TorosPlaza De Toros

We snuck inside the bull fighting ring and took photos..not as big as I imagined but unreal anyway!
shop sold it...AFTER we had eaten!!)

Madrid is just an awesome place to chill out and relax and have coffee in the gorgeous parks and the people are really friendly..

Can´t wait to go back and do more of Spain one day for sure!

So after a relaxing few days of food, wine, siestas and shopping...we are ready for CARNAVAL!!! look out Brazil - here we come!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Cafe BombonCafe Bombon
Cafe Bombon

Cafe Bombon...mmmmmm my fave new ´treat´ coffee...condensed milk with a short black..so bad but SOOO good!
Retiro ParkRetiro Park
Retiro Park

Where you drink cafe bombon outside and enjoy the view...awesome walks and fountains and scenery..just beautiful!
Night View of Main SquareNight View of Main Square
Night View of Main Square

This square is full ocafes and tourist shops...it is a lovely place to sit in the sun and have a glass of vino and listen to the guitarists and watch the world go by!


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb