Day 3 in Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
February 4th 2007
Published: February 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We were tired by the time Sunday rolled around. Those late nights started taking their toll. We got up late, but made it to see the Andalusian horses perform in Plaza Mayor. No matter where we are in the world, Alex and I find a way to find some horses! From there we walked to the Raestro, the Sunday morning flea market that takes up almost 10 square blocks in the heart of Madrid. I have to say I wasn’t impressed with the offerings - a lot of it looked like the stuff (read: crap) you find at other markets anywhere in the world. I wasn’t looking too hard and wasn’t there for anything in particular, so maybe that was part of it. Lots of roaming and some food later, we were by the soccer stadium in the more industrial part of the city, buying tickets to a Real Madrid game. For €20, we had the opportunity to sit in a stadium in the middle of the city with 74,998 other people on a Sunday evening to watch one of the home teams play. Unfortunately Real Madrid lost 0-1 due to some uninspired play and one-sided refereeing. The other team scored on a direct kick stemming from a questionable foul in the penalty box. Regardless, we had a great time. We were all set to go out and play with a bunch of other Americans to watch the SuperBowl, but after dinner just could not motivate. We crashed hard. I guess we needed the sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb