Things are looking up in Madrid.


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
October 4th 2019
Published: October 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Things are looking up. So I thought I’d include looking up photos exclusively. That’s not a bad as it sounds as here in Madrid the architecture rewards looking up. The shots are from the hop on hop off bus which we spent a deal of time on. We almost completed both routes but hoped off a little early and the Plaza de Mayor because it’s interesting and more accurately because it’s near the Mercado de San Miguel. It’s very touristy and a bit pricey but it has numerous tapas style offerings and all Spanish as opposed to where we go at night which is quite local, well priced but has small dishes from numerous destinations most decidedly non Spanish.

I then did a walking tour which I always find interesting. The facts and figures and stories that accompany the walk I really enjoy and this was no exception. It was conducted by an Irishman and after sitting with 2 Spanish speaking Scots last night this accent thing is doing my head in! He was good and held the attention of the predominantly American group well.

Evening grazing was at the Mercado de San Ildefonso (again) and again it did not disappoint. Some Spanish ham with potatoes and eggs and a couple of kebab style dishes with the obligatory sangria and beer fill the gaps pretty well.

Anyway couple of jobs so Caio for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb