Heading home


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
October 25th 2009
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We had an early wake up and left for Madrid airport. We went to opposite route on the Metro as when we first arrived. We were at Barajas at about 8am for our 10:30 flight. We checked in and went to the gate. We also had a quick meal of croissants and coffee. At about 20 minutes before departure, we cleared business class again for our flight to New York. We sat down in seats 1A, 1B, and 1C and settled in. It was a choppy flight most of the way but not unbearable. Our meal was a starter of grilled shrimp, carrot and ginger soup, and a salad.

The main course was a New York steak. The starters were good but my steak was not. I had more gin and tonics and another ice cream sundae for dessert. Before arrival, we had a hot ham and cheese sandwich that was really good. Our arrival was on time at 2:10pm. The customs and immigration process was quick and painless. We were out at the curbside within 15 minutes. We took the Airtrain at JFK to terminal 4, where Northwest is. I knew the flights to pretty much anywhere this evening were all full but we would try anyway. Not going to happen. I got on the laptop and booked a hotel on Priceline. We got the Marriott Courtyard at La Guardia airport for $75.

The next morning, we woke up at 8am and went to LGA airport where we caught the 11am Delta Connection flight to Indianapolis.

I really loved going to Madrid and will be back. Spain is the homeland of my wife's family so she really had a good time, getting to see places she has before when she lived there. The weather was just perfect!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb