Week 13 the holiday's over - nearly


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia
June 30th 2011
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.0534, 3.19767

<!-->
<style>
/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%!;(MISSING)
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}
</style>
<!-->25/06/11 Hot and Sunny 28 oC

The fireworks finished at 00:30 so managed to get some solid sleep, thank goodness.

Too hot to do much in the day and as there hardly any wind down on the beach it's a case of constantly jumping into the sea just to cool off. The beach was far too crowed for us and whilst we got down there relatively early within an hour we were so closely surrounded to the extent I thought they must be distant relatives, the only thing we weren't sharing was food, we were party to conversations, windblown sun screen spray, sand and water as the kids ran by or over us, and the occasional smoke screen by lunch time we'd had enough, so decided to call it a day we thought it would be busy but oh boy. The next problem was trying to get out without covering everyone in sand as we collected our towels and paraphernalia; we were hemmed in like eggs in a carton, that's when you can tell the English some of whom try to be considerate of the beach fellows. Most Europeans especially the French just do their thing and get up with little consideration for others shaking sand off irrespective of the effect on close neighbours if it inconveniences you tough.

The site's now in the transitional phase whereby a large percentage of the people on site can be seen packing up in preparation for leaving over the next couple of days in order to be well away before the mass arrival of the French and Dutch next weekend, there's been a few new arrivals but the sites slowly emptying. Fortunately we've booked our sites on the way back so there should be no problems as they all said they can accommodate my size of van but from past experience I know that doesn't always mean a thing, we'll have to see.

More trouble over at camp Les with his daughter saying can't you be nice to anyone dad? Fag ash Lil told Les you can do it yourself you told me to keep my nose out. And if we're having a Barbie just try not to burn everything for once I'm feed up with burnt meals, the comment which just about summed it all up was " well there going back Wednesday" and then an emphatic “morning”. The poor kids just sit there in the middle of this scene of domestic mayhem, another generation of kids who'll never know any better, with little chance of making anything of their lives. Who's to blame without a doubt the parents and in a lot of cases the grandparents because they brought their kids up in the same way, thinking of themselves and what they can have rather than what they can do for the children they so irresponsibly brought into this most challenging of environments we call our world.

Sorry to go on but watching these poor innocent kids and total lack of love or physical attention being shown to them has reduced me to tears on more than one night.

26/06/11 Hot and Sunny 31 oC

Too hot and too crowded on the beach, too hot on the site, so it's time to update the blog in the comfort of the air conditioned caravan. I'm unable to upload the blog or access email or the internet, despite being connected to the Hotspot the speed is a roller coaster ranging from non workable 1Mbps to an occasional 24Mbps

27/06/11 Hot and Sunny 27 oC

28/06/11 Hot and Sunny 26 oC

Well that's it the holidays nearly over, went to pay the site fees this afternoon, we got a good rate with being here for so long we pay only €10 per night but it goes up to €30 per night from 1st July and there's no way the site's worth that, and we certainly wouldn't pay it which is why as I've said the site is slowly emptying. That said the site is usually fully booked for all of July & September with the majority being French & Dutch holiday makers.

29/06/11 Hot and Sunny 29 oC

Well this mornings bike ride was the last for a while as today we start packing up in preparation for the journey home, the weather forecast is for strong winds tomorrow so we need to get the awning down and packed away.

It was no fun packing away in temperatures o f 29oC with very little breeze, it was stifling, but eventually we got the roof rack loaded and the awning cleaned and packed away. We had to call it a day at 20:30 as we were knackered and still need to get showered, just the car and caravan to finalise now and then we'll be ready for the off at 08:00 sharp on Friday morning.

As I write this up at 23:00 the gales have started with the caravan being rocked from side to side, I've just noticed the Satellite dish throwing a wobbly on the roof, hope the suckers keep hold. I'm really glad we went all out and got all the external stuff stowed away today as it feels like it's going to be a rough night.

30/06/11 Hot and Sunny 29 oC

Well the forecast was right, I'm just hoping the wind lets up tomorrow as we follow the coast road for about 70 miles and with this wind it won't be fun until we turn inland to start the trip northwards.

The van's now all packed except the last minute things for tonight and tomorrow morning, I'm now down at the cantina to upload the latest bog update before we move off in the morning (see how considerate I am I could have been doing all sorts of things but no I'm updating you all before I consider doing anything for myself ;-})

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb