Found the TOWN SQUARE and Shopping Street


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Vilanova i la Geltrú
March 8th 2016
Published: March 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day # 7

Larry and I went out for a long walk around 2 PM - 4:30 PM. The shops here were basically closed for siesta but we did find a "Chinese store" which was open and had a electrical adapter we wanted. The weather was beautiful and sunny and yet it was cool when you moved in to the shadows. We walked to the edge of town and back, and had a 2 beers (4.40 euro or $4.84) at and outside cafe across from the City Hall in the town governmental square.

We're own the hunt for postcard stamps today. Our host Mark told us where the post-office is and how to address the cards to EEUU (United States)

Well, we find that we won't be likely to be mailing out postcards. It's a multi-step process:

1. find a pen, 2. write a thoughtful but succinct note on a special piece of paper, 3. look up a street address, 4. walk to the Tabac Store and BUY A SINGLE POSTCARD STAMP for 1.30 euro ($1.43 @ 1.10 EU to $1) 5. walk further to seek out and eventually find an official yellow Spanish post box by the cathedral. 6 Mail the Postcard.

I love getting postcards but have a new appreciation for why I don't get many from my many friends and family who travel. It's a pain and it's expensive!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb