Girona/ Costa Brava


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Girona
July 2nd 2013
Published: August 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Girona in the afternoon and walked to our Pension in the old town. We fell in love with Girona. It's a smaller town, but still has a lot to see and do. We spent the afternoon walking around the old town, seeing the cathedral, wandering the tiny streets, and then hiking the city walls and the hills around town. Again, with the walking and the hills, but all worth it. We found several beautiful parks, lots of great restaurants, pretty streets and shops. Plus, apparently it's a fantastic cycling base being so near to the mountains. We just loved it there! The next morning, more hiking, more delicious pastries, walking around town and looking for a good bike shop(with no luck).

Then we took a bus to the airport to pick up our rental car and head to Calella de Palafrugell on the coast. At the last minute we opted for the GPS unit.... what a smart decision... lifesaver!! With the tomtom, driving was a breeze. Calella was an adorable little town built in to the hills along the sea. We spent 2 days at a great little hotel on the water. There's a hiking trail that runs along the coast for miles and miles. We just hiked a few of those miles, but wow, were they hilly(again!). It was a great workout, wonderful sea breeze, and around every bend was a view more beautiful than the one before. Our days were filled with beach relaxing, hiking, catching the tour de france live on tv(Andrew loved it) and eating great fresh seafood. Perfect little beach vacation.

In the afternoon on the third day, we went grocery shopping, packed up the car and headed for France and the mountains!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb