Photos of the last few days...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
July 6th 2013
Published: July 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Attached are some pictures from our final days in Barcelona. It has truly been an amazing trip. Thanks to everyone who helped make this trip possible. Thanks as well to our fabulous hosts at Gaudium Sports. We got to see so much of what the city has to offer in addition to playing against excellent teams. Each player has grown tremendously on this trip and in turn the team has become much stronger. It is definitely something Peter, the guys and I will remember for the rest of our lives.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

TristanTristan
Tristan

Tristan was feeling a bit under the weather so we put him in quarantine.
High Performance Training CenterHigh Performance Training Center
High Performance Training Center

Team picture with the very talented players we scrimmaged each morning at the High Performance Training Center.
Team PictureTeam Picture
Team Picture

Team Picture in the lobby of our hotel. The guys are wearing shirts provided to us by our hosts, Gaudium Sports.
Las Ramblas MarketLas Ramblas Market
Las Ramblas Market

The market on Las Ramblas was full of fresh fruit, juices, nuts, meats, cheeses, etc. It was also likely full of pickpockets, but we all made it out in tact.
Saint Andreu Club PoolSaint Andreu Club Pool
Saint Andreu Club Pool

The "country clubs" we play at here contain tennis and volleyball courts, gyms, restaurants and lounging pools in addition to the competition pools.
Team Lunch at the High Performance Training CenterTeam Lunch at the High Performance Training Center
Team Lunch at the High Performance Training Center

The guys are eating very well on this trip.
Park GuellPark Guell
Park Guell

Park Guell was built in the early 1900's inspired by Gaudi intended to be a city full of houses and shops. It didn't take off but Gaudi still built two houses there.
Tour of Park GuellTour of Park Guell
Tour of Park Guell

Our tour guide Elena informing us of the history of the Park.
View of the CityView of the City
View of the City

One of the other perks of Park Guell is it is high atop a mountain overlooking the city and the sea.
El DracEl Drac
El Drac

Dom, Benji and Harrison posing with the famous salamander at the main entrance to the Park.
Head SoccerHead Soccer
Head Soccer

Unfortunately this was the main activity for everyone on all bus and metro rides (other than sleeping). But we did institute a "no cell phone" policy at dinner.
The Magic FountainsThe Magic Fountains
The Magic Fountains

These fountains, located very close to our hotel, display an amazing water, light and music show every Friday-Sunday night from 9:30pm on. I highly recommend it if you visit Barcelona.
Water ShowWater Show
Water Show

Josh, Dom and Cory in front of the fountains.
NicoNico
Nico

The good news is that I think we convinced Nico to get a haircut when we get home. The bad news is I think Barcelona has probably run out of gummy bears after the amount of bags he consumed this week.
Master ClassMaster Class
Master Class

Gaudium Sports arranged a "master class" for us on our last full day. "Guim" ran the class which started in a classroom with high technology video featuring both above and under the water demonstrations, and concluded with two hours in the water focusing on counter attack. The man in blue on the right is Joao. He was our main guide during our trip.
Guys with FrankGuys with Frank
Guys with Frank

Frank is one of the partners of Gaudium Sports and organized everything for us. He is also a devout fan of FC Barcelona and a lifetime ticket holder.
Last NightLast Night
Last Night

The last night on my last Agoura trip.


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb