Day 1


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
March 23rd 2012
Published: March 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We made it! The flight was very very long and only slept a couple hours. We arrived in Barcelona around 11:30 and set out to find out Hostal. Not sure how long it actually took us to find it, but it was so nice to get that 30 pound bag off my back. We locked up our bags at the hostal, and set off to explore the town. Found an authentic tapas restaurant, which were very tasty, and then headed to see Parc Guell. This was a free sculpture park with beautiful mosaic art in the shape of animals and decorated cement houses. It was on very high ground, so you could see the Meditteranian Sea and a great view of the city. By that time the sun was starting to set and we headed back for some warmer clothes and went down the street for beer of Spain -Estrella Damm- and we got a souveniour for the road! Finally we ventured over to see the famous La Sagrada Familia. It had already closed by the time we got there, but the view from outside was inspiring.

Tomorrow morning we will be leaving for Madrid for 3 more days of Spanish adventures...and tapas!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.098s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb