Park Guell


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
September 15th 2011
Published: September 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Three AmigosThe Three AmigosThe Three Amigos

The three of us with the Barcelona skyline in the background.
Today I strolled through Park Guell with my friends Anna and Julia. We took the Metro from Plaza Catalunya to the Lesseps stop. After walking a few blocks we realized that we were lost because we were on the wrong street. Luckily I brought my map so we were able to get back on course to Park Guell.

We arrived at Park Guell in the higher region of the park. There was an area of the park that provided an amazing panoramic view of Barcelona. We could see the Mediterranean Sea, La Sagrada Familia, and the neighborhood that I live in. After looking out at the city, we ascended a rock column that had two crosses at the top of it. The views from the top of the column were absolutely amazing.

The three of us later walked through other parts of the park. The park is full of modernisme artwork and architecture. One of my favorite parts of the park was the sideways corridor. The columns, ceiling, and walls slant to the right. There were small platforms on the sides of these walls that gave us great photo opportunities.

The Hansel and Gretel house in the park
Me and Modernisme CorridorMe and Modernisme CorridorMe and Modernisme Corridor

This corridor, for lack of a better word, is very interesting. The walls and columns are angled to the right to give it a sideways feel. I am standing on a small platform on the wall. It felt like I was standing in a bird's nest perched on the wall.
was like a building from a fairy tale book. The house had a child-like feel because the rooms were painted in bright colors of blue, purple, and green. The walls and ceiling were curved at the corners to add a soft feel to the architecture. The inside of the house was an interesting experience because it provided us with an example of what Gaudi's work looks like on the inside of his buildings.

The terrace in the park is an amazing sight to see. Columns line the inside of the terrace and beautiful modernisme artwork is placed on the ceiling of the terrace. My favorite artwork in the terrace was the one with the sun on a blue and green background.

Our tour of Park Guell on Thursday was a fun break from the city streets of Barcelona. I'm excited for the other sightseeing adventures to come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

LostLost
Lost

We got lost on our way from the Metro station to Park Guell. Good thing I brought my map!
Anna and MeAnna and Me
Anna and Me

Anna and I are standing on a terrace in Park Guell. The twisted columns in the background are some of Gaudi's works.
Hansel and Gretel RoomHansel and Gretel Room
Hansel and Gretel Room

This is the first floor room of the Hansel and Gretel house. The walls of the house are painted in bright colors. The house has a child-like feel because of its bright colors and rounded corners.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb