Rainy day in Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
March 24th 2018
Published: March 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Not another beautiful day in Barcelona today - raining, raining, raining!!

Forgot to mention that when we went to dinner last night, we discovered the lift in the building was not working, so this meant traipsing down & then back up 5 flights of stairs! Yep, you can imagine how happy I was about that!!

So no lift, and raining - time for a quiet day. We did venture out to La Boqueria market, which is just across the road from where we are staying, and mostly undercover. Was very crowded, Lots of amazing food stalls, couldn't understand why one part was particularly crowded, till we got closer and realised they were filming Spanish Masterchef!! Managed to find something for lunch (pretty hard to choose) and then spent the rest of the afternoon watching the rain from the unit.

Went to a Flamenco show tonight, which included a buffet dinner of dishes from all regions of Spain (and as bonus we got to walk down 5 flights of stairs again). Food was very interesting and mostly good. Show was also good, although not quite what we expected. Dancing was interesting, singing(?) was interesting, guitar was very good.

And when we got back, the lift was fixed - highlight of the day!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb