Sahagun


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León
September 23rd 2014
Published: September 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Woke up at 630am by one of my fellow Travellers... didn't sleep all that well but I was ready to go. My usual ritual wasn't gonna work today. No coffee available and the place was packed.. people had to even sleep in what was supposed to be the common area. The hostels are getting busier and busier this time of the year. I went outside to get away from the crowd and found myself standing in the middle of the biggest star field I have ever seen. Everything was dark around me except for the lights in the sky. I felt blessed to be able to see this. While everyone was getting ready, I layer down in the grass in front of the hostel and looked at the sky for a good half hour. Nature is just stunning here....

We left around 730am and had planned to walk for 10th to a two that had an ATM , a pharmacy and a bus station so we could skip a couple stages in the Mesetas , the part of the way that is dead, no towns, no trees, ... just fields and fields and sun.... Our plan was to find a bus to Sahagun. But we found out early that we would have to travel away from the Camino in order for us to reach this town... so on a leap of faith we took a bus to Palencia where locals told us we could take a bus to Sahagun. Arriving there the only bus was at 730pm which would put us way behind... we went to check out the train station and with the magic of technology found a train that would get bus there by 1pm...

Arriving in Sahagun, we looked for the yellow arrows we have been following now for 20 days. When we finally got to the middle of the town, we ended up at the municipal albergue , an old church, turned into a sleeping hall with about 100 beds....

Back on the way....

3 days of 20km to Leon....and officially half way to Santiago De Compostela

Pedometer kms 389.44
Map kms 418
Steps taken 599149



Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb