Ponferrada to Fonfria


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Ponferrada
June 22nd 2015
Published: June 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our room was so hot last night that neither of us slept much. It's suppose to be another hot day and we have to climb again. Left the hotel at 7 am. Felt good to be outside. The first part of our ride was pretty smooth and straight. We stopped in Villafranca for breakfast. Beautiful town set up against the mountains. From here the climb began. We saw the the big group of bikers roll through. Being Sunday there were several large groups riding up and down the mountain for fun, I mean exercise. The climb took us over 6 hours. It was hot and I was fatigued. We had booked a room so we kept trudging along. I had to get off and walk my bike just to use different muscles. Our ride ended in a small farming village on top of the mountain. Our room for the night is in a small farm house. Very nice couple runs it. They have a bar and restaurant. Cold beers and sangria before we even saw our room. Enjoyed a nice chat with a couple from Germany. They were looking for a spot for the night and the village was "complicit", no rooms. I am thankful for booking.com. At lunch we have an idea of where we want to stop for the day and are able to book a room. Most pilgrims walk until the feel the need to stop for the night and look for an albergue. The couple we were talking to decided to taxi to another town. We rode 40 miles today getting us closer to Santiago. After a short siesta, we ate dinner at the restaurant. Glad it's quiet here. Ready for a good night sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb