30th Day: Lourdes-Biarritz-Burgos


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Burgos
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today on our way to Lourdes we stopped at the French seaside town, Biarritz. Unfortunately the weather wasn´t great but mum and I still enjoyed ourselves. We went for a walk along the beach and seaside for a bit before heading back to the meeting point where we grabbed some lunch.

We got to Burgos at about 5pm and were dropped off at the Plaza that housed a huge cathedral. Mum and I didnt go in. Again we just walked around for a bit, bought some stamps and grabbed a drink before we were picked up to go back to the hotel.

Getting back to the hotel was a drama because traffic was mayhem because of bullfights that were happening in Spain and some of the bullfighters were staying in the same hotel as us!!

We had a couple of hours to relax before dinner which wasnt served until 8:30 - that´s when the Spaniards eat apparentally. Dinner was nice. After dinner we watched some Spanish dancers performing in a hall of the hotel - something to do with the bullfighters being there - and then Mum and I went for a walk along the riverbank and through a bit of the city which was abuzz because the celebrations linked to the bullfighting.

Afiter the walk it was straight to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb