Leon to Astorga


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Astorga
June 19th 2015
Published: June 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Woke up at 7, packed our bags and headed downstairs to the hotel buffet breakfast. While eating breakfast Dominick entered the room. He had stayed at the same hotel as us and we didn't even know it. I said the camino has brought us together. We are enjoying his company and conversation. On the road at 9 am. It was warm enough we did not need our coats. Spent the first hour traveling out of Leon. Rode the side walk and street. When we got to the trail it followed the road again so opted to ride the road most the day. We were still able to travel through the small towns. I had a rough day. Had to stop and shake it off. Mike felt a little bad I think. When were were discussing places to stay I threw out a hotel with spa and he said yes. It was 85 euros, quite a bit more than we've been spending. We arrived in Astorga about 2 pm after riding 32 miles. Checked into our hotel, showered had a little down time and walked around town. It sits up on a hill and the views are spectacular. There are several cathedrals and a castle. As we were walking around town we bumped into Dominick. It was hot outside and we were ready for a cold drink. We invited him to join us for drinks and tapas. He said he had a few more sights to check out but would join us soon. I really wanted a sangria and the only choice was a liter. Mike obliged and we had sangria with salad and a meat tray. Dominick joined us and we chatted about our day. He rode the trail all day and said how nice it was. We said the road was noisy. After our meal Mike and i went on a tour of the castle. Stunning. Back at the room we inquired about the spa. It was 12 euros a person to swim, sauna and hot tub. Plus 3 euros each for a swim cap and 4 euros for flip flops. Mike agreed it was money well spent 😊 It's 10:30 pm and while others are out enjoying the nice evening we are relaxing and enjoying the quietness of the room.
.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb