Our new home / various


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
May 7th 2011
Published: May 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We met our landlady for the first time on Thursday this week.
She had not seen the apartment since it had been furnished. We did a complete spring clean so that she could see it at its best.

Today, we were supposed to be going to the market in Torviscas, but both woke up feeling lazy, so decided to have a day locally instead.

We are looking around for local places that George’s sister and her husband may like as they are arriving for their first visit on Saturday.

We had been advised that Los Abrigos and El Medano would be worth a visit.

Los Abrigos is a small town on the coast to the south of where we are living. There are a few small shops, but the draw seems to be the many mountain walks along the beach in the area. If we fancy a long walk, this could be the place.

El Medano is a strange shaped mountain in the sea south of where we are living. It’s close to Tenerife South Airport.

There are walks that go up and around this small mountain, but the focus seems to be on the lovely sandy beaches around it. One beach seems to be dedicated to water sports. We will look at this again at a later date.

The other two beaches are set out with some sun beds and umbrellas. We took a walk to one of the beaches.

It then became clear that this was a nudist beach. Not sure we will be using this bit of the beach. Further along the beach is another area that had a few small children on it. This may be a better area for us to use.

From here we went up to San Miguel in search of a restaurant that was supposed to be hillside and glass fronted overlooking the sea. San Miguel is up in the mountains and we thought this would give a good view. We did not find it, but found a place that could have been it. Later we received confirmation that this was the place. Somewhere for us to go back to later.

We carried on along the same mountain road and eventually found Valle San Lorenzo. This is definitely a place that we will return to. There are lots of little shops and restaurants here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb