Off to Tenerife


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
December 21st 2010
Published: January 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Early start today as our flight is due to leave Heathrow at 8.30am this morning. Got up at 4.00am and checked the BAA website to see if our flight is one scheduled to leave. Relieved to see it is.
Got to the airport about 5.00am
The airport was full of people that had been due to fly over the weekend but whose flights had been cancelled.
They were checking all people entering the terminals. They had a list of flights that were confirmed as departing and if your flight was not on their list they would not let you into the terminal.
Our flight had been booked through Iberia, but on a British airways plane. Because our tickets said Iberia, the ladies on the door did not think our flight was going as they only had the British Airways flight on their list.
We took several different angles to try to convince the ladies that it was the sale flight.
Eventually, the only way they believed us was when we spotted both the flights on the check in board inside the terminal.
Check-in after that went without a hitch and we took off at about 9.00am. Only about half an hour late, but at least we were on our way.
The flight to Madrid then on to Tenerife North was uneventful.
We pick up our hire car from the airport then drove round to Costa Selencio where we had hired an apartment.
We found the village really easily, but, unfortunately, since the map was printed, they have started building a stadium just in front of the apartment so some of the local roads were now shut off.
Once in the village, it took us a further 1.5 hours of going round in circles before we found the apartment, but it was really nice once we got there.


Advertisement



10th January 2012

Off To Tenerife
Nice to share your experience to fly to tenerife,I also plan to start working in tenerife and I need some information about travel, accommodation and other things.Thanks for sharing...
8th February 2012

Off to Tenerife
Thanks for the comment on our blog. If we can help with anything, please email us on gandt2000@googlemail.com. You might also like to look at the new Tenerife forum at www.tenerifeforum.org. Good luck.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb