Hot and sunny Ibiza


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands
September 11th 2012
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.9129, 1.4423

To get to Ibiza we had joined Silver Sea's Silver Spirit in Barcelona and sailed overnight. We joined the ship the previous day in time for lunch (of course- because the food is very good!). The Sail away party was at 6pm followed by drinks in the bar and then dinner. We met lots of people on this first night so good socialising.

I was expecting Ibiza to be a bit like Torremolinos so didn't have high hopes. However the ship docked at Eivissa, an old port and marina and we were pleasantly surprised. From the dock we were bussed nearer to the town and then walked up the steep streets with many steps and passageways to the Dalt Vila or old town, which is very pretty and lined by little shops and nice looking bars and restaurants. On the way we found a museum of Modern Art, which was free to enter and was showing an exhibition of the drawings and ceramics of Barry Flanagan (he of large dancing bronze hare fame) and of Marcel Barcelo. I never knew before this that Flanagan had a connection with Ibiza. It was a lovely light cool gallery, a blessing as the day was very hot and sunny. Continuing up the hill we had good views over the old city walls and ended up at the Cathedral which has some lovely chapels. Once at the top we slowly wended our way down through different streets stopping for a beer on the way. I have never given Ibiza much thought as a place to visit but this old town was very pleasant and I am glad my perceptions have been changed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



11th September 2012

V. Jealous! :) xxx
12th September 2012

Madonna con Bambino - is that Guy Ritchie's ex???

Tot: 0.414s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb