Day 27 - Mallorca, Spain to Guildford, England


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Majorca
September 13th 2006
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday September 13th, 2006
Day 27
Mallorca, Spain to Guildford, England

We slept in this morning as our flight back to London wasn't until 9:50pm. We put off getting up for as long as possible as we knew we had to clean the house. It actually didn't take anywhere near as long as we had expected to get the place back to how we had found it 10 days earlier.
we cooked up all the left over groceries that we had bought for our breakfast / lunch. Then we had to clean out the hundred's of empty bottles (beer and water) from the bench.
I forgot the mention, you can't drink the water here (well you can, but you would get a tummy ache if you did) as it is highly chlorinated and has a very high calcium content. It's ok for the locals because they are used to it but not for us holidayers.
We filled in the day by packing up our stuff and when the house was clean we spent the rest of the day by the pool. Eventually though, we had to say Adios to the villa we'd spent so man amazing days in, and they we had begun to call 'home'. We piled all our luggage in to a taxi and headed for Palma Airport.
Our flight was delayed due to bad weather (in England, of course). Eventually we boarded and we were on our way back to the United Kingdom. We spent ages circling over Gatwick Airport as the pilot tried to find a good time to land during the severe thunderstorm that was going on. When I looked out my window you could see the lightening beside us in the clouds, it was a little scary.
Eventually we landed though, we collected our luggage and I said my farewells to Ads, Parky and Simi who I'd come to know quite well over such a short time, I guess that's what happens when you're the only girl in a house with four boys.
Chris and I then waited for his dad to come and pick us up and we sat up for a while telling Megan and Mel (who were two other Aussie girls staying at the Hall residence) all about the last ten days.
I must say, as much as I had a ball with the boys, it was nice to be around some other females again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0892s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb