Majorca 2017, Delaney annual holiday


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Majorca » Cala Millor
June 10th 2017
Published: September 11th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Anticipation out of the way and an early rise, the usual no sleep the night before from been too excited about a week off with the family in Majorca.







We arrive at Gatwick and meet up with Oli, Maia, Phoenix and little Indigo for a Wagga-Momma breakfast before the TUI flight, a nice airbus plane with a bit of mood lighting, why not! It's a nice chilled out flight watching plant of the apes and a bit of Mario kart on the DS, losing to Helen which was a sad day for my Mario Kart skills, all those years at uni gone to waste!







We land at Palma airport, usual feeling when we got off the plane, feels like an oven, beautiful weather and ready to get to the hotel but not before we find Mom and Dad who arrived shortly after us, their at the luggage-gate at Palma airport waiting for us, two hours later on the coach transfer to Cali Bona hotel >>> the holiday can begin!







Well done Mom & Dad, a lovely hotel, Protur Aparthotel Bonaire, it's got multiple pools and great rooms for us all. We take in the resort and grab a light bite at the buffet and take in some kids entertainment with the little people before we hit the hay ready for a pool day the next day. The kids loved the entertainment, might not be one for every night for me an Helen but great to see the little people loving the holiday life!







Day 2, after a bit of a well-deserved lie-in for everyone, well, nearly everyone, Oli's up with the little people. Breakfast is nice and the first day is here and the kids have lots of entertainment and not to mention a huge fountain with a pond full of terrapins, which was pretty cool for the adults as well. The hotel is all-inclusive, aka, all you can eat, yes, that sounds like a challenge....so, we do usual thing of overeating on the ice cream, pizzas and beers by the pool, a great chilled out day with the family.







Day 3, we hear about the hotel belly flop competition, we joke at breakfast about getting
Spikey Spanish plantSpikey Spanish plantSpikey Spanish plant

attacking Dads head as he walked past!
Dad involved, he's in, surprisingly, we didn’t need to apply to much peer pressure! Later that afternoon he got some surprisingly high air, not the winner of the competition, but the kids loved it and he's braver than me, or more stupid, not sure which! 😉



Nursing a red belly, it's a San Miguel as a reward for Dad and a few more drinks around the pool for the rest of us as a reward for watching.



It's a chilled out day, much needed and me and Helen head into the local village which is really pretty with it's marina and traditional restaurants, a treat of calamari and sangria is a must!



We make a slow meander down the beach back to the hotel and bump into Mom & Dad enjoying a tipple before the kids show starts for the evening.



Thanks to the weatherman we are pre-warned that a storms coming, with that in mind and knowing it's predicted to be a rainy day tomorrow, we gather the Delaney Clan and put a plan together to hit the Caves of Drach. It's a day for the beach in the village and it's hiring of parasols, beach beds and a bit of sandcastle building with Phoenix whilst little Indigo collects water for the moat. A great chilled out day with the family and a really nice little Spanish town.







Day 4, the Caves of Drach, we get onto the local buses to the Caves of Drach in Porto Cristo, a great day trip out and about, the rain arrived but we were armed with ponchos, plus it was a great excuse for some drinks down by the marina.



The Caves of Drach, which i seem to recall been the caves of Dracula from my childhood years, I convinced Phoenix there used to be vampires here, not sure if he bought it!







Day 5, time to do a bit of exploring, me and Helen book a boat trip north, heading to Cala Rajarta and a few other little bays along the way. On buying tickets for the boat, the lady points out that the boats about to leave, she's not joking, it's halfway out the marina... she's nice to us though and as it leaves Cala Bona without us, she called it back for us, not embarrassing at all as we board the boat!



The waters crystal clear, warm and the bays are stunning, we decide to take in Cala Rajarta as it's got a larger town centre than Cala Bona with a few beaches to explore. It's a German-centric resort area and it's really nice, not a Union Jack pub to be seen! The bars and restaurants all look nice and the marina is really nice, the town centre is the usual splashing of holiday tat but nice and vibrant all the same. The next bay we head to is lovely, a game of cards and some sardines and snacks before we jump back onto the boat.



Well worth the adventure on the boat, lots to see up the coast and I’d love to explore the island a bit more.



We meet up with the Family and post dinner we make our way into Cala Bona for evening drinks at a lovely beach bar overlooking the water, good food and chilled out Cafe Del Mar beats, Mom approves!







Day 6, it's all about staying local and exploring a bit more of Cala Bona and Cala Millor on some Flintstones bike'a'majig thingy’s, see picture! Some top speeds achieved on the bike-cars and it's all a bit of a flashback to me & Oli's childhood, see picture!







We get back to base and all too quickly it's the final night, how I hear you ask, no idea, time flies when you're having fun!







Day 7, all packed up in the am and onto the return coach back to Palma, we have a bit of time to kill at the airport... or, at least we thought we did, Palma airport for those who don't know, is massive! We parked ourselves about a mile from our departure gate, we didn't know this so we took a bit of time to eat, drink, chat, play cards, until we hear the call for the gate, the last call, doh, it's a mad, manic dash to the departure, somehow we make it, that’s the last picture on this blog, looking a bit shell shocked but we made it. Mom and Dad’s flight is a bit later, so they were ok 😊 Lesson learnt, keep an eye on your gate details!









Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 21; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb